The annual Innovation Awards event at Penn State College of Medicine recognizes faculty, staff, postdocs and students in the innovator community. Individuals are recognized for moving their innovations forward by executing a licensing agreement, earning a patent or starting a company based on Penn State technology during the preceding year. This year, the sixth annual Innovation Awards ceremony will be Oct. 27, 2016.
The culmination of the Innovation Awards ceremony is the announcement of the Innovator of the Year Award. This prestigious award is given to a faculty member who has been recognized by peers for a demonstrated track record of innovation; developing new technologies, processes or services; taking an entrepreneurial approach to translational research; and as a collaborator and active participant in the innovation community.
A schedule for the evening is as follows:
- 5:30 to 6 p.m.: Networking and hors d’ouevres
- 6 to 6:30 p.m.: Opening remarks
- 6:15 to 6:45 p.m.: Dinner
- 6:45 to 7 p.m.: Distinguished panel discussion
- 7 to 7:45 p.m.: Recognition of individuals for new patents, licenses and start-up companies
- 7:45 to 8 p.m.: Announcement of awards
- 8 p.m.: Closing remarks and networking time
The following people will be part of the distinguished panel discussion:
- Jacquelyn Fetrow, PhD, is provost and vice president of academic affairs at the University of Richmond.
- Nishit Trivedi, PhD, MBBS, MBA, is vice president for corporate strategy and development and senior research analyst on the Life Sciences Team for Emerald Advisers.
- Andrea Lauber, PhD, is executive director, business development, for clinical biomarkers and pharmacodiagnostics at Bristol-Myers Squibb.
- Anthony P. Bihl is CEO of Bioventus, an orthobiologics company delivering products including devices and therapies.
- Panel moderator is Kevin Harter, MBA, interim director for the new Center for Medical Innovation at Penn State College of Medicine.
The event is free, but online registration is required by Oct. 23, 2016.
If you're having trouble accessing this content, or would like it in another format, please email the Penn State College of Medicine web department.