- This event has passed.
2019 Penn State Cancer Institute Annual Retreat
August 6 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Penn State Cancer Institute (PSCI) will hold its Annual Retreat on August 6, 2019 at the Hershey Lodge and Convention Center from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. The Keynote Address will be given by Dr. Deborah Winn, Acting Director, Division for Cancer Prevention, National Cancer Institute.
Highlights of this year’s “Bench to Clinic to Community” retreat include:
- Overview from Raymond J. Hohl, MD, PhD, PSCI Director
- Plenary Session Interdisciplinary Panel Discussion of Ovarian Cancer
- Mini-Symposia by PSCI members, each featuring basic, clinical and population science or community experts:
- Cancer Immunotherapy and Skin Cancers
- Advances in Cancer Screening and Diagnostics
- Genitourinary Cancers
- Novel Approaches for Cancer Therapy
- Exercise and Survivorship
- Cancer and Viruses
The retreat provides a forum to learn about the goals of the Cancer Institute, the progress we are making towards NCI Cancer Center designation and resources offered to support research. The interactive day will include ample time for networking and a poster session with trainee awards.