A Year of Connecting Through Fiction: Five Compelling Books by African American Authors
January 20, 2021, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
One event on November 18, 2020 at 12:00 pm
One event on January 20, 2021 at 12:00 pm
One event on March 17, 2021 at 12:00 pm
One event on May 19, 2021 at 12:00 pm
The Department of Humanities at Penn State College of Medicine is holding an every-other-month book club to discuss a curated list of fiction that captures the experiences of African Americans and Black authors.
All Penn State College of Medicine and Penn State Health faculty, staff, students and trainees are welcome to participate, whether or not they have read the books.
To receive the Zoom link for each session, register by emailing Lori Ricard at email@example.com.
Books to be discussed
- Sept. 16, 2020: Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison
- Nov. 18, 2020: Quicksand by Nella Larsen
- Jan. 20, 2021: The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
- March 17, 2021: Kindred by Octavia Butler
- May 19, 2021: The Color Purple by Alice Walker