- This event has passed.
Discovery & Development of BioPharmaceuticals Lecture Series
February 14 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 4:00pm on Thursday, repeating until April 18, 2019
A lecture series by Janssen Pharmaceuticals will take place every Thursday from Jan. 31 to April 18. This series offers comprehensive information and insights into pharmaceutical biotechnology and the development of biopharmaceuticals in the pharmaceutical industry.
Attendees will gain an understanding in both scientific knowledge of designing and producing novel biologics, and business challenges in biopharmaceutical companies, including regulatory issues.
Brought to you by the Department of Pharmacology, in conjunction with the PHARM 590 course, each lecture is presented by a subject-matter expert from Janssen Pharmaceuticals and will be followed by a group discussion. The following are the dates of each lecture and the topic of the week:
- Jan. 31: Introduction of Biologics
- Feb. 7: Discovery of Lead Candidates
- Feb. 14: Translational PK/PD Modeling of Biologics
- Feb. 21: Preclinical Development
- Feb. 28: Clinical Development
- March 14: Manufacturing of Biologics
- March 21: Analytics: CMC Method Development/Validation
- March 28: Analytics: Bioanalytical Method Development/Validation
- April 4: Regulatory Process and BLA Application
- April 11: Licensing/Acquisition and IP Protection
- April 18: Biosimilars
Registration for attendance is not required.