- This event has passed.
ICDS Symposium: The Future of Digital Fairness
October 6, 8:00 am to October 7, 4:00 pm
The Institute for Computational and Data Sciences is hosting its annual symposium. This year’s theme is “The Future of Digital Fairness” and it will include keynotes and panel discussions related to data and equity, reproducibility, biases and models, and similar topics. This hybrid event offers both virtual attendance and in person attendance at the Penn Stater Hotel & Conference Center.
- Two keynote discussions (one focused on equity and data science, one focused on replication of genomic studies)
- A poster competition for students, with cash prizes of $500 and $200 (see attached flyer)
- Panel discussions on:
- Ethical Challenges and Considerations in the Application of Machine Learning Methods to Clinical Medicine
- Law, Policy, and Data
- Energy, Justice, and Big Data
- Industry Perspectives on the Future of Digital Fairness
- A series of lightning talks, in collaboration with Penn State’s Data Science Community
Registration will remain open until September 20 at Noon.