- This event has passed.
Penn State Health honors our veterans on Veterans Day
November is National Veterans and Military Families Month, a time to acknowledge and honor the duty and sacrifices made by our service members and their families. Penn State Health values their contributions and has again earned national recognition for its hiring and employment practices.
For the second year in a row, Military Times named Penn State Health to its Best for Vets: Employers list, which recognizes organizations for programs and policies that support veterans’ post-military careers. To be considered, companies complete a survey about their efforts to recruit, retain and support current and former service members, military spouses and military caregivers.
Here are some of the ways you can take part in honoring our veterans
- Visit the website: Honoring Veterans at Penn State Health
- Read the abc27 article, “Penn State Health explores life after service for military veterans,” featuring military veterans in our workforce.
- On Wednesday, Nov. 9, attend the All of Us Together community event on addressing the needs of military and veteran personnel.
- From Thursday, Nov. 10, to Saturday, Nov. 12, check out Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center’s crescent. It will be lit red, white and blue with intermittent shades of green to honor Operation Green Light.
- On Thursday, Nov. 10, participate in the Inclusion Academy session, “Culturally Responsive Care: Medical Care for Afghani and Middle East Refugees,” led by Dr. Joseph Petfield, an Army veteran and current Penn State Health pediatric orthopaedic surgeon. * (This session is only for internal Penn State Health workforce members and offers continuing education credits)*
- On Friday, Nov. 11, stop by the “Thank You, Veterans” display tables in all five hospital cafeterias. Veterans can grab free donuts, coffee and a Penn State Health veterans pin from 9 to 11 a.m.
If you have any questions or require accommodation for a disability to participate in any of the above events, please email email@example.com.