- This event has passed.
Penn State Health surgeons offer free surgical weight loss education and screenings
May 6, 9:00 am to 12:45 pm
Penn State Health bariatric surgeons are hosting free surgical weight loss education presentations and screenings on Saturday, May 6. Dr. Gary Aghazarian, Penn State Health bariatric and general surgeon, will discuss:
- Who may be a candidate for robotic-assisted weight loss surgery
- How weight loss surgery works
- How surgery and lifestyle changes can help people live better, healthier and longer
Participants can experience a hands-on demonstration of the robotic-assisted da Vinci surgical system. Physicians will perform free screenings for interested attendees in private exam rooms following both sessions.
- 9-9:30 a.m.: Educational presentation
- 9:30-10:45 a.m.: Screenings available
- 11-11:30 a.m.: Educational presentation
- 11:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m.: Screenings available
Register online or call 800-243-1455, option 3
Could you be a candidate for surgical weight loss? Take the first steps to find out.