- This event has passed.
Penn State Project ECHO Adolescent Alcohol and Opioid Use Series for Pediatricians
November 5, 8:00 am to 9:00 am
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 8:00 am on Thursday, repeating until November 19, 2020
Penn State Project ECHO is offering a series of sessions to support pediatricians in their treatment of adolescent alcohol and opioid use. Sessions are held every other Thursday.
Each session will include a case presentation and a brief didactic related to treatment of patients with opioid use disorder.
Session topics are:
- Sept. 24, 2020: Introduction to SBIRT and brief interventions, presented by Sheryl Ryan, MD
- Oct. 8, 2020: Operationalizing screenings and billing for services, presented by Glenn Buchberger, MD
- Oct. 22, 2020: Addressing vulnerability during life transitions, presented by William Milchak, LCSW, CADC
- Nov. 5, 2020: Diagnosing substance use in adolescence, presented by Amanda Jernigan, LCSW
- Nov. 19, 2020: Beyond alcohol: Substance use prevention and intervention, presented by Glenn Buchberger, MD