- This event has passed.
Project ECHO Adolescent Alcohol and Opioid Abuse Series (SBIRT)
March 19 at 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 3:30 pm on Thursday, happening 10 times
This Penn State Project ECHO series seeks to equip school nurses and pediatricians with strategies to address underage drinking through the training and delivery of substance use screening, brief intervention and referral to treatment – steps collectively referred to as the SBIRT technique.
The 10-week series includes weekly one-hour sessions on Thursday afternoons, via Zoom. This series runs Feb. 20 to April 30 (with no session April 9) and is free and open to all school nurses and pediatricians in Pennsylvania.
Topics to be covered include:
- Feb. 20, 2020: Introduction to SBIRT and Brief Interventions
- Feb. 27, 2020: Adolescent Risk Factors vs. Protective Factors
- March 5, 2020: Identifying Substance Use in Adolescence
- March 12, 2020: Beyond Alcohol: Substance use Prevention and Intervention
- March 19, 2020: Adolescent Progress of Substance Use
- March 26, 2020: How Alcohol Affects Human Biology
- April 2, 2020: Referral to Treatment
- April 16, 2020: Positive Development: Building Good Habits
- April 23, 2020: Addressing Vulnerability During Life Transitions
- April 30, 2020: Review of Brief Interventions