- This event has passed.
Saving Time with the Library
January 23 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Whether it’s books, media or journal articles for professional or personal use, all library materials owned by Penn State University Libraries are available to faculty and staff free of charge. In this workshop, participants can learn how to find the information they need, including how to:
- check out library materials with a Penn State College of Medicine ID badge;
- use the library website to find print and e-books, media and journal articles;
- access library materials from home or office;
- use the “I Want It” button to have any book across all Penn State libraries to be sent to Harrell Health Sciences Library free of charge;
- configure Google Scholar to link to free articles available through the University; and
- submit an interlibrary loan request for materials not available at Penn State.
Participants are encouraged to bring their own laptops in order to best follow along with the class.
Registration is required.