- This event has passed.
Saving Time with the Library
August 16 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
In this workshop, Alex Harrington will teach participants how to find information they need – whether books, media or journal articles for professional or personal use – within all materials owned by Penn State University Libraries, which are available to faculty and staff free of charge.
Participants will learn how to:
- Check out library materials with their College of Medicine or Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center ID badge
- Use the library website to find print and e-books, media and journal articles
- Access library materials from home or office
- Use the “I Want It” button to have any book across all Penn State libraries be sent to the Harrell Health Sciences Library at no charge
- Configure Google Scholar to link to free articles available through Penn State
- Submit an Inter-library loan request for materials not available at Penn State