- This event has passed.
Webinar: Building a Clinical Research Program
January 12, 8:00 am to 10:00 am
Research Development at Penn State College of Medicine has planned its first webinar of 2021, “Building a Clinical Research Program.”
Panelists during the session will explore the essential ingredients all investigators need to develop a sustainable research program and what common pitfalls to avoid along the journey. The webinar is tailored to faculty and trainees new to clinical research and can also serve as a solid introduction for research support staff and other colleagues who want to better understand the research process. All are welcome to attend.
Topics to be covered include:
- Choosing a research question
- Feasibility and implications for study design
- Role of collaborators and mentors
- Common pitfalls and how to avoid them
- NIH policies governing clinical research
The webinar will be hosted by Dr. Sarah Bronson, Director of Research Development, Penn State College of Medicine.
Presenters will be:
- Neal J. Thomas, MD, MSc, associate dean for clinical research and professor of pediatrics and public health sciences
- Christopher N. Sciamanna, MD, MPH, professor of medicine and public health sciences and chief of the Division of Population Health Research Development for the Department of Medicine
- Tom Brydebell, director of grants administration in the Office of Research Affairs
Representatives from the Institutional Review Board/Human Subjects Protections Office will also be available to answer participant questions.
Registration is required, with a Zoom link provided to those who register.