Webinar: Inclusion Academy- Culturally Responsive Care- Opening Up About Invisible Disabilities
February 9, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
Join Christina Irene as she provides an overview of invisible disabilities and fluidity of visibility, severity, different impacts of same diagnoses
She will cover:
- Personal profiles of people with various disabilities, with key takeaways
- Stigma as “illness shaming” and how to mitigate stigma
- What “passing” means to a disabled person and why it is harmful
- Disability identity, person-first versus identity-first language, imposter syndrome
- Tips for inclusive collaboration in the workplace
Christina Irene has presented on invisible disabilities from the Pueblo of Jemez, New Mexico to London, England for non-profit organizations, government entities, academic institutions, and corporations. She has published two books on the subject: Talking Splat: Communicating About Hidden Disabilities and Splatvocate: Supporting People With Hidden Disabilities. She lives with physical, mental health, and cognitive disability.
The following credits have been approved for this webinar session:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ – 1 Credit(s)
- PSNA – 1 Credit(s)
This session will be recorded, and participation constitutes consent to be recorded.
If you have any questions or require accommodation for a disability to participate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.