- This event has passed.
Webinar: MD/PhD Virtual Fall Retreat
November 7, 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
The MD/PhD Medical Scientist Training Program will hold its fall retreat virtually via Zoom.
- 9:30 a.m. | Welcome – Student-led ice breaker activity
- 10 a.m. | Dr. Gotian (Cornell, Anesthesiology, Chief Learning Officer) and Dr. Milgram (NIH OITE Director) will present:
- Pipeline programs’ role in increasing diversity to MD/PhD
- How individuals can be positive forces for inclusion and diversity
- Danielle McCullough and Dr. Gotian will discuss their recent publication, Five Tips for Boosting Diversity on Campus
- 11:25 a.m. | Five-minute break
- 11:30 a.m. | Dr. Melanie Dispenza will present an Alumni Research Talk. Dr. Dispenza is an assistant professor of Medicine, Allergy and Clinical Immunology at Johns Hopkins University
- Noon | Post-speaker discussion
- 12:10 p.m. | Closing
MD/PhD students and faculty will be sent Zoom information by the program administrators in advance of the event.