- This event has passed.
Webinar: Penn State Project ECHO Ehlers-Danlos Syndromes Series
August 7, 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 4:00 pm on day First of the month, repeating until December 18, 2020
An event every month that begins at 4:00 pm on day Third of the month, repeating until December 18, 2020
This Penn State Project ECHO series seeks to build capacity for advanced patient-centered research in Ehlers-Danlos syndromes (EDS) by empowering primary care providers to improve health outcomes for underserved patients with EDS.
Sessions are held the first and third Friday of each month via Zoom on the following schedule:
- July 10, 2020: Why are EDS patients anticipated to have a heightened risk?
- July 17, 2020: Anxiety and mental health in the time of COVID-19
- Aug. 7, 2020: Maintaining physical well-being during isolation
- Aug. 21, 2020: The immune system, part I: Mast cells and inflammation
- Sept. 4, 2020: The immune system, part II: Immune deficiency and susceptibility to infectious disease
- Sept. 18, 2020: Pulmonary: Increased risk of pheumothorax with mechanical ventilation due to pleural weakness
- Oct. 2, 2020: Musculoskeletal risk factors
- Oct. 16, 2020: Dysautonomia and cardiovascular health
- Nov. 6, 2020: Advocacy needs and health care access
- Nov. 20, 2020: Increased risk associated with gastrointestinal disturbances related to COVID-19
- Dec. 4, 2020: Impact on children and adolescents
- Dec. 18, 2020: COVID-19 public health policy