- This event has passed.
Webinar: Penn State Project ECHO Managing Patient Mental Health for Medical Students series
November 9, 2020, 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm
One event on November 23, 2020 at 3:00 pm
One event on December 7, 2020 at 3:00 pm
One event on January 11, 2021 at 3:00 pm
One event on March 1, 2021 at 3:00 pm
One event on March 15, 2021 at 3:00 pm
One event on April 5, 2021 at 3:00 pm
One event on April 19, 2021 at 3:00 pm
One event on May 3, 2021 at 3:00 pm
One event on May 17, 2021 at 3:00 pm
This Penn State Project ECHO series for medical students not specializing in psychiatry is designed to address care strategies for improving the treatment of patients with a mental health condition.
The Managing Patient Mental Health for Medical Students ECHO series will launch November 9, 2020 with 10 one-hour sessions. All sessions take place 3 to 4 p.m.
The main focus of these sessions will come from participants who present de-identified patient cases to each other and our multi-disciplinary specialist team, followed by a brief presentation on a topic related to managing patient mental health.
Topics for this series are:
- Nov. 9, 2020: Assessing and managing suicide risk
- Nov. 23, 2020: Starting and switching antidepressants
- Dec. 7, 2020: Psychotropic medications
- Jan. 11, 2021: Identification and management of delirium
- Mar. 1, 2021: Assessing and managing withdrawal symptoms
- Mar. 15, 2021: Functional neurological symptom disorders/factitious disorders
- Apr. 5, 2021: Assessing decision-making capacity
- Apr. 19, 2021: Approach to management of behavioral disturbances in children
- May 3, 2021: ADHD diagnosis and management
- May 17, 2021: Autism diagnosis and management