- This event has passed.
Webinar: Research on Race- and Ethnicity-Based Disparities: Health Disparities Facing Hispanic Communities
October 28, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
The Office for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, in collaboration with the Vice Dean for Research and Graduate Studies of Penn State College of Medicine, will present a webinar titled “Research on Race- and Ethnicity-Based Disparities: Health Disparities Facing Hispanic Communities.”
Registration is required. A Zoom link will be sent to those who register.
This is the first talk in the “Research on Race- and Ethnicity-Based Disparities,” or RRED, series. It will feature a panel of Penn State Hispanic faculty, staff and community leaders engaged in outstanding health disparities research with Hispanic communities who will present, TED-talk-style, on topics including:
- CDC racial and ethnic approaches to community health (REACH) project
- CHW research training
- Language barriers
- Fostering culturally sensitive research
- Social determinants of health
- Health policy and health disparities
- Cultural competence in health education and health promotion
- Latinx connections
- William Calo, PhD, JD, MPH, Assistant Professor of Public Health Sciences, Penn State College of Medicine
- Maria Paula Henao, MD, MPH, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Penn State College of Medicine
- Sol Rodriguez, MPH, Project Manager, Department of Public Health Sciences, Penn State College of Medicine
- Selena Ortiz, PhD, Assistant Professor of Health Policy and Administration, Penn State University Park
- Raffy Luquis, PhD, Associate Professor of Behavioral Health Sciences and Education, Penn State Harrisburg
- George Fernandez, Latino Connection
These talks will be followed by a question-and-answer session.
Those with questions or who require accommodation, such as for a disability, to participate should email email@example.com.