Webinar: The Annual Leadership and Education in Adolescent Health (LEAH) Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) Conference
January 28, 8:15 am to 4:15 pm
- Division of Adolescent Medicine at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) Division of Adolescent Medicine and CHOP Department of Nursing
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine
The Annual Leadership and Education in Adolescent Health (LEAH) Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) Conference is intended for local and regional primary care physicians, psychologists, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, social workers, dietitians and other healthcare providers specializing in family medicine, internal medicine, gynecology, pediatrics and psychiatry. The program’s aim is to increase the overall knowledge, understanding and competencies of multidisciplinary providers in areas of importance in the healthcare of adolescents. The learning format will be virtual and will include didactic lectures with interactive question-and-answer sessions and small group breakout sessions, as well as expert hot topic panels and interactive workshops. Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Define several key issues that impact adolescent health and well-being.
- Identify skills for centering patient and family goals in joint decision-making.
- Explain strategies for multidisciplinary teams to work with adolescents with complex medical and/or behavioral health conditions and from diverse backgrounds.
- Relate how racism and/or social determinants of health impact overall health outcomes and well-being of adolescents and young adults.