- This event has passed.
Webinar: Town hall on race relations
June 4, 11:30 am to 12:30 pm
Penn State Health employees and College of Medicine faculty, staff and students are invited to participate in a conversation about race relations within the organization at a virtual town hall.
The town hall is designed to be a first step in better understanding what the organization is doing well and where culture, communications and safety can be improved for minority colleagues and students.
Health system and college leadership will join the Office for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in this conversation. Topics of discussion include:
- What are the experiences of our minority community, including those in racially blended families?
- How do we support each other during this challenging time — particularly our black colleagues who are so deeply affected by recent events?
- How do we better support our minority patients?
- How do we talk with our children about the racial inequities, including the recent deaths of George Floyd and Ahmaud Arbery, and the protests that followed?
- How do we create a better sense of personal safety for our diverse work force?
Questions can be emailed in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants may also join by calling 929-205-6099, meeting ID 934 6347 4186.