- This event has passed.
Yoga for Complete Health
November 7 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:30 pm on Thursday, repeating until November 14, 2019
This yoga class is designed for those with chronic diseases, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. This will be a beginner’s yoga class, mindfully leading you through yoga poses specific to managing these chronic diseases. Improve your posture by focusing on the core muscles and build total body strength by establishing a new healthy lifestyle practice you can do anywhere.
Mats, straps, and blocks will be provided for each participant. Please dress in clothes that you can comfortably move in. Shoes are optional. If wearing shoes, they must be supportive and enclosed.
Registration and payment details
- Oct. 3-Nov. 14 (No Class on Oct. 31)
- Thursdays, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Free for campus employees*
- Instructor: Adrienne Cray
* This is an HR-funded wellness program. The usual fee for this class is $72 however, when you attend four out of the six classes, the fee will be waived.
* No payment is needed from you to register and join the roster. Part of the registration process is that you are agreeing to a payroll deduction of $72 if you do not meet the attendance requirement of attending a minimum of four out of the six classes.