University Fitness Center reopens to employees, students July 6 with health precautions in place
The University Fitness Center on the Hershey campus will reopen Monday, July 6, for limited members and with shortened days and hours to ensure everyone’s safety and well-being.
Here’s what to know about Phase 1 of reopening:
- Only Hershey campus employees or students are eligible to return during Phase 1.
- Payroll deductions or prior direct pay memberships will not be reactivated during Phase 1. Instead, those interested in resuming membership at this time will need to pay for a short-term membership ($25 provides access for up to one month). Payments will be restricted to credit card transactions only. Please bring a cell phone or tablet for “no contact” processing.
- The center will be open Monday through Friday, from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Staff will closely monitor the number of members in the facility.
- Visit times will be restricted to a maximum of 75 minutes.
- Each employee must use their campus ID badge for check-in, and employees will need to affirm they have completed screening at one of the stations on campus in order to gain access.
- Some equipment will not be available for use to allow members to maintain an appropriate distance from one another.
- Classes, court sports and other group activities will not be available.
- Masks will be recommended but will not be required during exercise.
- Cleaning protocols, including thorough equipment disinfection after peak times and in the evening after closing, are in place. In between, users must wipe down equipment after use with disinfectant equipment wipes and use hand sanitizer.
Member access and facility hours will expand when COVID-19 restrictions ease.
If you're having trouble accessing this content, or would like it in another format, please email the Penn State College of Medicine web department.