Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center, Life Lion LLC employees honored for years of service
Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center and Life Lion LLC leaders and managers hosted an event Sept. 28 to honor their employees who have reached 25, 30, 35, 40 and 45 years of service.
Don McKenna, regional president of Hampden and Holy Spirit medical centers, opened the program saying, “There is an amazing amount of wisdom and talent within this group of 29 people – 950 collective years. We appreciate your professional and personal contributions, your work ethic and commitment to our mission.”
McKenna spoke to the significant changes that have occurred throughout their years of service and thanked the employees for helping Holy Spirit Medical Center and Life Lion navigate considerable growth, system changes and the pandemic.
“What has remained foundationally strong is the mission, vision and a culture that has always identified staff as a family,” he said.
Family, friends and colleagues participated in the event to celebrate the honorees. McKenna thanked them for the support and encouragement they have provided to the employees over the years, saying, “Without them, we would not have been able to care for our community as well as we have.”
Penn State Health Chief Executive Officer Steve Massini made a surprise drop-in to visit with attendees and address the honorees. He thanked them for their incredible dedication and spoke to the new regional approach to health care. Massini also shared that Holy Spirit Medical Center has been part of his “history and heart” since his daughter was born there in 1999, during a snow storm.
Each employee received a gift to commemorate their milestone, and the managers for those individuals with 35 years of service or more spoke about their contributions to the organization, patients and community.
45 Years of Service
- Dori Crist, Care Management
- Barbara Mummert, Nursing Education
40 Years of Service
- Lori Bauer, Surgical Services, Operating Room
- Craig Goss, Electrophysiology
- William Hampsher, Facilities
- Donna Hoak, Care Management
- Teresa Kirk, Sterile Processing
35 Years of Service
- Margaret Chester, Pathology
- David Deihl, Psychiatry – Behavioral Health
- Anne Emlet, Critical Care
- Theresa Fowler, Medical Surgical Services
- Tammy Hollinger, Medical Surgical Services
- Genevieve Rancitelli, Radiology Administration
- Kathy Thumma, Heart and Vascular–Cardiac Rehab
30 Years of Service
- David Cochran, Radiology MRI
- Lea Dailey, Heart and Vascular Critical Care
- Marlena Harris, Psychiatry–Behavioral Health Administration
- Elizabeth Kendall, Pharmacy
- Ronda Kuhn, Trauma Surgery
- Thomas Mabius, Emergency Services
- Marlene Sweger, Patient Quality and Safety
- Diane Yoxheimer, Silver Spring Psychiatry
25 Years of Service
- Patricia Balint, Surgical Services, Operating Room
- Rex Carmichael, Life Lion, LLC
- Sharon Fortney, Pathology Laboratory
- Joanna Mclean, Surgical Services
- George Minckler, Respiratory Therapy
- Tracy Mullen Hoon, Practice Management Clinic–Diabetes
- John Richards, Life Lion, LLC
If you're having trouble accessing this content, or would like it in another format, please email Penn State Health Marketing & Communications.