Schedule set for fall biostatistics seminars
Penn State Clinical and Translational Science Institute has set the schedule for its Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research Design (BERD) Research Methods Seminar Series for the fall 2019 semester. The Research Methods Seminar Series features lectures on fundamental research methods in the fall semester, with more advanced topics in the spring semester. Statisticians and methodologists from multiple Penn State departments present these seminars.
Seminars are held from 4 to 5 p.m. in Room H4504 (Clinical Research Center) at Penn State College of Medicine and videoconferenced to 116 Henderson at University Park. An online streaming option is also available. Streaming information is sent upon registration.
The fall schedule is:
- Uncover the Power of Observational Studies by Duanping Liao on Sept. 10
- The Basics of Randomization and Sample Size Estimation by Allen Kunselman on Sept. 24
- Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis by Vernon Chinchilli on Oct. 8
- Bayesian Meta-analysis by Shouhao Zhou on Oct. 22
- Qualitative Analysis by Heather Stuckey-Peyrot on Nov. 12
- Mixed Methods by Lauren J. Van Scoy on Nov. 19
- Research Databases and Clinical Applications by Paula Valencia-Moulton and Aimee Merchlinski on Dec. 10
Registration information is posted on the the institute website at ctsi.psu.edu before the seminar date. Most registrations open at least one week before the event.
To request a consultation with the core, fill out a service request form.
If you're having trouble accessing this content, or would like it in another format, please email the Penn State College of Medicine web department.