Providers share coffee, conversation with local residents
In honor of National Doctors’ Day March 30, several Penn State Health providers visited three area coffee shops to share a cup with patients and neighbors.
The network treated local residents to 173 free cups of coffee at three locations: Cornerstone Coffeehouse in Camp Hill, Grand Central Bagel Café in Lancaster and Red Canoe General Store and Coffee Bar in Palmyra.
“We need to understand our patients, we need to understand their community, their family, their resources,” Dr. Ann Bogdan, a physician with Penn State Health Medical Group – Mechanicsburg told WHP CBS21 as she shared coffee with patients in Camp Hill. “We want to be a part of that.”
“We enjoyed meeting with Lancaster residents and educating about Penn State’s expansion in the county with both primary care and specialties at Lime Spring,” said Dr. Lindsay Lafferty of Family and Community Medicine, who visited Grand Central Bagel Café. “We are looking forward to serving the community going forward.”
Other providers were:
- Josh Lebo of Penn State Health Medical Group – Mechanicsburg
- Dr. George Henning, Penn State Health Medical Group – Palmyra
- Dr. Andrew Lutzkanin, Penn State Health Medical Group – Middletown
- Dr. Dean Leis, Penn State Health Medical Group – Cocoa
- Dr. Sarah Ramirez, Penn State Health Medical Group – Harrisburg
- Dr. Shawn Phillips, Penn State Health Medical – Mount Joy
If you're having trouble accessing this content, or would like it in another format, please email the Penn State College of Medicine web department.