Core facilities news and announcements: November 2020
Penn State College of Medicine recently shared the following news and announcements as part of its core facilities email newsletter.
Cryo-EM facility manager update
Jen Sloppy started Oct. 12, 2020, as the senior microscopy specialist of the cryo-EM facility. She joins the team from the University of Delaware, where she managed the electron microscopy facility.
2020 College of Medicine cores: Fiscal year highlights
- 202 PIs served through the College of Medicine core facilities
- At least 168 grants were supported with core resources
- More than 100 publications utilized institutional core support
- 173 researchers and staff attended the second annual Research Cores Symposium
- 100% of institutional cores are now using iLab
Third Annual Research Cores Symposium: 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 18, and Thursday, Nov. 19
To showcase its facilities, the annual Penn State College of Medicine Research Cores Symposium will feature lightning talks from researchers explaining how the various instruments and services of each core are being used for rapid progress in their projects. This year’s event will be completely virtual. Penn State faculty and outside users, including industry and other research institutions, are invited to learn about the cores and how the services and facilities may be used for their own research.
Attendees will have the opportunity to participate in live question-and-answer sessions with featured speakers, including Penn State Institute for Personalized Medicine, and a chance to win one of three Amazon gift cards.
Registration is required; the event agenda and Zoom links will be emailed to registered participants prior to the event.
2020 Cores Satisfaction Survey
All core users are invited to participate in the annual Cores Satisfaction Survey. A link to the RedCap survey will be distributed via email in December 2020. All participants who complete the survey and provide an email address will be entered to win one of three $50 Amazon gift cards.
- Explore research at Penn State College of Medicine
- Search the Pure researcher directory
- See a list of NIH and other grants received by the college
- Learn about the college’s core facilities
- Read more College of Medicine research news
If you're having trouble accessing this content, or would like it in another format, please email the Penn State College of Medicine web department.