Harrell Library open 24/7 via badge access; safety guidelines in place
Beginning Sept. 8, Harrell Health Sciences Library at the College of Medicine is available 24/7 via badge access to all students, faculty and staff. Visitors are still prohibited.
The library is staffed 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. weekdays and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekends.
The following safety guidelines will be in effect:
- Access will be limited to Hershey Medical Center and College of Medicine faculty, staff and students only, and name badge access will be required.
- Masks must be worn at all times. See College of Medicine mask guidelines here.
- Maintain proper social distancing.
- No food or drink is allowed. See approved eating locations here.
- Limit time in the library to no more than three hours.
- Books can be checked out, but visitors should not remove books from the stacks. They should ask the library staff for assistance.
- Do not move furniture.
- Clean and disinfect workspaces upon departure. Sanitation stations will be provided.
- The library should not be used for through-traffic. Those traveling around campus should seek alternate routes to their destinations.
Because study room space will be limited, the library has provided a list of alternative study spaces. These spaces will be open for 24-hour study when not occupied by learning needs.
- Lecture rooms A, B, C and D
- First-floor BMR project-based learning/small-group rooms
- Dining Room A and B
If you're having trouble accessing this content, or would like it in another format, please email the Penn State College of Medicine web department.