Harrell Library reopens July 13 with limited capacity, new guidelines
Harrell Health Sciences Library at Penn State College of Medicine will reopen its doors Monday, July 13, to faculty, staff and students.
It will be open weekdays from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and closed on weekends.
In this first phase, the library will restrict its capacity to 50% and implement new safety precautions.
The following new guidelines will be in effect:
- Access will be limited to Hershey Medical Center and College of Medicine faculty, staff and students only, and name badge access will be required.
- Masks must be worn at all times. See College of Medicine mask guidelines here.
- Maintain proper social distancing.
- No food or drink is allowed. See approved eating locations here.
- Limit time in the library to no more than three hours.
- Books can be checked out, but visitors should not remove books from the stacks. They should ask the library staff for assistance.
- Do not move furniture.
- Clean and disinfect workspaces upon departure. Sanitation stations will be provided.
- The library should not be used for through-traffic. Those traveling around campus should seek alternate routes to their destinations.
Because study room space will be limited, the library has provided a list of alternative study spaces. These spaces will be open for 24-h0our study when not occupied by learning needs.
- Lecture rooms A, B, C and D
- First-floor BMR project-based learning/small-group rooms
- Dining Room A and B
If you're having trouble accessing this content, or would like it in another format, please email the Penn State College of Medicine web department.