Cancer research funding opportunities available through the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
The AACR is a public charity that has been involved in the cancer research community for over 110 years. Part of their mission is to promote education and research in the areas of cancer and related biomedical science by offering research funding opportunities including a variety of fellowships, career development awards, and mid-career and independent investigator grants. A more comprehensive description recently communicated to its members highlights the following available funding options:
- Fellowships in basic, translational, breast, immune-oncology, pediatric, and cancer disparities research
- Fellowships supporting research experiences in both academia and industry
- Career development awards and independent investigator grants for Tumor Treating Fields Research
- AACR Gertrude B. Elion Award
- Mid-career female investigator grant
- Independent investigator grant for pediatric brain cancer research
We encourage students and faculty to explore and pursue these and other cancer research funding opportunities on the AACR funding website.
If you're having trouble accessing this content, or would like it in another format, please email the Penn State College of Medicine web department.