College of Medicine offers employee flu shot options
Flu vaccinations are being offered for College of Medicine (COM) employees, in partnership between Penn State and Health Advocate, the University’s Employee Assistance Program.
COM employees who are members of Penn State’s health care plan may receive a vaccine at any network pharmacy or their primary physician’s office using their insurance card.
COM employees (full-time, part-time, etc.) and all eligible spouses (covered under a Penn State health care plan) can use the drive-thru flu clinic that will be held on the COM campus in Hershey in the Academic Support Building parking lot on Thursday, Oct. 22, 2020.
Employees can also request a voucher to receive a vaccine at CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, Rite Aid and Safeway pharmacies where available. Employees do not need to be members of Penn State’s health care plan to receive a voucher.
Finally, COM employees are also welcome to schedule a time slot from any of the Hershey Medical Center Employee Health flu vaccine sessions here.
How to sign up for a drive-thru flu clinic or get a voucher
- Log in or, for first-time users, register at HealthAdvocate.com/PSU.
- Click on the “Schedule a Flu Shot” button at right.
- To schedule a drive-thru appointment:
- Choose “Schedule Your Appointment.”
- Select a site, service, date and time. Click “Submit.”
- HealthAdvocate will send an email confirming the appointment with the ability to add it to a calendar.
- To print a voucher:
- Scroll down and click on one of the listed pharmacies.
- Enter your information and print.
To request a voucher by phone, sign up for the drive-thru flu vaccine or for any other questions, call Health Advocate at 800-970-1263.
If you're having trouble accessing this content, or would like it in another format, please email the Penn State College of Medicine web department.