MD/PhD program welcomes first-year medical students
Penn State College of Medicine’s MD/PhD Medical Scientist Training Program welcomed seven new first-year medical students during the 24th annual White Coat Ceremony held Aug. 2, 2019, to present all incoming medical students with their first white coats.
The new MD/PhD students are:
- Farrah Alkhaleel from the University of Pennsylvania
- Timothy Helmuth from the University of Colorado
- Stephen Hopes from the University of California – Santa Barbara
- Havell Markus from Arizona State University
- Matthew Molinaro from the University of Florida
- Laura Perez from Florida International University
- Afton Widdershins from The College of Wooster
The MD/PhD Medical Scientist Training Program is supported by a grant from the National Institutes of Health and trains medical scientists interested in pursuing careers in biomedical research and academic medicine.
If you're having trouble accessing this content, or would like it in another format, please email the Penn State College of Medicine web department.