New secure messaging tool launches Sept. 9
Penn State Health employees will have a new, secure messaging platform that will help them optimize clinical care starting Monday, Sept. 9. TigerConnect is a HIPAA-compliant, encrypted messaging platform available through a mobile device or desktop computer.
TigerConnect users will include patient care staff and ancillary teams, Penn State College of Medicine students and health system leaders. In addition, those who practice in Penn State Health entities will be added to the TigerConnect directory.
Benefits for providers
TigerConnect will allow users to:
- Connect instantly with other users, groups or distribution lists through secure messages
- Share protected health information such as patient health care records, lab results and clinically related images and videos
- Receive group message confirmations
Benefits for patients
TigerConnect is expected to improve patient care by:
- Speeding up communication between a patient’s care team and other departments
- Enabling effective treatment decisions to be made sooner
- Streamlining admissions and discharges
Information Services does not plan to replace pagers with the TigerConnect platform at this time. Guides on how to use the application are available on the IS TigerConnect page.
If you're having trouble accessing this content, or would like it in another format, please email the Penn State College of Medicine web department.