Black shares strategic plan for College of Medicine
Dr. Kevin Black, interim dean at Penn State College of Medicine, shared the following email with faculty and staff on April 16.
Dear Faculty and Staff,
I am writing today to ask for your assistance with the new five-year College of Medicine strategic plan. In our effort to make sure everyone who works in the College of Medicine feels they are a part of this plan and has a role to play, this week kicks off the implementation phase of the new plan. Your leaders have information they will be sharing with you shortly to walk you through how everyone in the College will be involved and a part of this plan’s success, including setting goals and strategies for your area.
It is important to note that this plan was developed with the best interests of the College in mind. With the mindset of where we want to be in five years and how we can continue to differentiate our College across the country, the plan includes some ambitious goals. We want to be a College that strives farther, works harder and becomes the best, forward-thinking College we can be. We know there are a number of elements that we will need to focus on first, which will include our Five Foundations:
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Create a sustainable environment and culture that prioritizes a diverse workforce and student body, creates an environment of inclusion and maintains equity for all
- Financial Stability – Develop financial resources to make and sustain necessary investments to achieve the goals.
- Infrastructure Investment – Provide faculty with the facilities, tools, processes and personnel to maximize their potential.
- Operational Effectiveness – Promote effective spending, elimination of organizational barriers to high performance and exceptional outcomes.
- Innovation and Economic Development – Facilitate medical innovation, technology development and commercialization and partnerships that increase the impact of the College in the local community and on health overall.
Please take a moment to review the attached file, which outlines the strategic plan goals and strategies. Your leader will walk you through this process and explain the plan. In the meantime, please visit med.psu.edu/strategic-plan to learn more.
I look forward to seeing the great work our faculty and staff do to align with this plan.
Thank you for your continued support of the College.
Dr. Kevin Black
If you're having trouble accessing this content, or would like it in another format, please email the Penn State College of Medicine web department.