Create your complimentary HIMSS membership
Penn State Health employees can receive a free, individual membership in the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) through its organizational affiliate program. Penn State Health is now a participant in the program. HIMSS is a global advisor and thought leader that works to improve health care through the best use of information technology and management systems.
Everyone with a @pennstatehealth.psu.edu email address has the ability to create their own HIMSS membership. Your membership will allow you to engage with local HIMSS chapter members about issues that affect your community, access targeted education programs and contribute your ideas about shaping the future of health care. You will also be able to join one local HIMSS chapter of your choice.
The HIMSS website provides articles, webinars, e-books and reports on health innovation, public policy, workforce development and research, as well as best practices in health information and technology.
If you are new to HIMSS (have not purchased anything from HIMSS or created an account previously), and would like to join, refer to the getting started section below.
- Refer to the HIMSS complimentary individual membership sign-up instructions.
- Visit the HIMSS Organizational Affiliate Membership sign-up page. Remember to use your @pennstatehealth.psu.edu email address. Personal email addresses will not be recognized and will cause an error message.
- Enter your demographic information, click the yellow “JOIN” button, and continue following the prompts on the screens to complete your membership.
- Contact Nancy Ramirez, relationship manager, at email@example.com if you experience issues.
Frequently Used Links
- Individual member benefits
- HIMSS local chapters
- Member participation opportunities
- HIMSS events
If you're having trouble accessing this content, or would like it in another format, please email the Penn State College of Medicine web department.