United Way campaign kicks off today
Penn State Health and Penn State College of Medicine’s annual United Way campaign kicks off today and runs through Friday, Oct. 25. The fundraising goal is $380,000 toward the United Way of the Capital Region’s overall campaign goal of $10,040,011. Employees can direct their pledges to specific nonprofit organizations or to United Way’s general campaign.
“I’m inspired by the many ways United Way of the Capital Region builds brighter futures for the people who live in the communities we serve,” said Penn State Health CEO Steve Massini. “These programs address the root causes of our region’s most pressing issues, providing hope to those trying to achieve a better life.”
Here are just a few examples of how the United Way helps communities:
- Contact to Care: Community health workers help people navigate complex health care systems, overcome barriers to care, such as transportation and language, and connect them with a primary medical home of their choosing.
- Ready for School, Ready to Succeed prepares children for kindergarten by working with parents to advance their child’s academic and social skills.
- Workforce Development helps individuals rise above poverty by connecting them with quality, living wage jobs.
- Basic Needs funds urgent necessities such as food, shelter and clothing.
More than 95 percent of the funds United Way raises goes directly to local services.
Give and Receive
Any Penn State Health or Penn State College of Medicine employee who contributes at least $182 ($7 per pay or $3.50 per week) to the Penn State Health United Way campaign will be eligible to win one of the following prizes:
- Preferred parking on the Hershey campus
- Hershey Medical Center suite at Giant Center events
- Hershey Bears Hockey tickets
- Hersheypark tickets for 2020 season
- York Revolution baseball tickets
Employees also will be eligible for United Way of the Capital Region’s raffle prizes:
- A new 2020 Kia Soul S donated by Turner Automotive. Approximate value: $22,000.
- $1,500 AAA Travel giveaway for a cruise or tour of your choice.
- $1,500 in groceries from Giant Food Stores
- $1,000 Visa gift card from Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospitals
Penn State Health employees can access the United Way system and make a pledge or donation at inspired2give.org beginning today. College of Medicine employees will receive pledge materials, including the 2019 Green Pledge Cards, through interoffice mail.
- Learn more about the impact of your donation at UnitedWayoftheCapitalRegion.
- Watch this video about people whose lives are moving forward thanks to the United Way.
See Penn State Health and Penn State College of Medicine employees in action at the 27th annual United Way Day of Caring.
If you're having trouble accessing this content, or would like it in another format, please email the Penn State College of Medicine web department.